Tuesday, April 27, 2004

As of this past Saturday, I have been married 5 years to Dana. Five years seems both fleeting and eternal at the same time. On one hand, it seems like it was just yesterday. I remember the first time I saw her, the first time we spoke, and the first time I held her hand. On the other hand, I can't imagine my life without her. Even though I know there was a time (actually most of my life at this point) that I didn't know her, it seems like she was always there. She is like Jesus in all the ways I'm not. Her way of living challenges me to something better than I am. She says I move her closer to Jesus, although I have trouble imagining how. She is an incredible mother to our daughter Emma. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm still figuring the whole parent thing out, but it seems to come naturally to her. When we had a child, Dana just seemed to naturally become what she was meant to be. I'm incredibly optimistic about who Emma is becoming simply because of her constant exposure to her mother. Dana is a light in our lives. I thank God every day for her.

No comments: