Friday, April 16, 2004

I love being a Dad. I'm still figuring the whole thing out, but I love it none the less. There simply aren't words to describe what that smile and that laugh do to me. It's so weird to watch my daughter grow and develop...to get older. I'm so excited to see her do new things, but at the same time I'm a little sad because she needs me a little less. On the other hand, there's nothing in the world quite like when she chooses to come to me...when she reaches for me...the rare occasions when she actually calls out for me. On second thought, I'll take being wanted over being needed any day.
You know, I have sort of a different motivation now. I want to make the world better for her. I want to make the church better for her. I want to raise her so that she'll want to do the same. I want her to see Jesus in her mother and I so that when we tell her about Him it will seem less like a fairy tale and more like the story that our lives are simply an extension of.
Yep, I love being a Dad. I think God does too.

No comments: