Friday, July 02, 2004

Well, I've been home almost a week and this is my first posting. There are several reasons for this, including lightning knocking out the internet at my office. Anyway, Impact was incredible. It is perhaps the most effective event for teens associated w/ the churches of Christ that I have ever seen (and I'm not one given to exaggeration on these matters). Basically the whole week was based on Colossians. It didn't hurt that they brought in Randy Harris to do a week long class for the adults (if only they would have given college credit for it). My kids responded in amazing and deeply personal ways. I'll share some on that later when I have more time.

Also, I wanted to mention that Dana and I are now officially registered for the National Conference on Youth Ministry (put on by Youth Specialties) in Atlanta in November. If you are also going, let me know and we'll try to get together. This will be our first time at this event and we are really excited about it. It looks like its going to be great.

I'll be out of town again for the next week at a workcamp in Albany, Georgia. The whirlwind of youth ministry that is my life continues. I'll post when I get back. I promise

No comments: