Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Recapping My Weekend

This past weekend was incredibly busy for us. First of all Dana and Emma traveled to a family reunion in Illinois. The main purpose of the trip was for Dana to see her Grandmother who has Alsheimers Disease and introduce her to Emma. That all went well, but both are very tired and ready to be home. They are on their way as I type this. I have missed them greatly and am looking forward to hugs and kisses from my girls.

At the same time Dana and Emma were making thier trip, I took a group of teens to Teen Leadership Univeristy, which is hosted by the RiverChase Church in Birmingham. Kip Long led worship, and my good friend David Fraze was the Keynote Speaker. Our teens are incredible. They soaked the information up like a sponge and were excited about getting back home and leading our group in the way of Jesus. It was also great to get to spend some time with David. We joked around with each other and also talked about how much we missed our wives and kids. I taught a class at TLU (3x) and was also given an opportunity to preach at CrossBridge on Sunday. Man, I had a blast doing both. CrossBridge is just such a neat church to me, plus I had the opportunity to hang out with my good friends Johnny and Jinny Brown, and had a chance to re-connect with my old Camp Wiregrass buddy Scott Knox. All this being said, all of the activity from speaking so many times did not agree with my hernia too well, and I was hurting a little when it was all over. I'm feeling better now, but I will remind you that I am having surgery to have that corrected on Thursday. I know it's not that big of a deal, but please remember us in your prayers

AE

3 comments:

Garry Brantley said...

Adam, Thanks for preaching in my absence on Sunday. I've heard many great comments about your lesson. Sorry I wasn't in attendance. BTW, I've added a link to your blog on my blogspot--hope you don't mind. Hope your surgery goes well.

John Owens said...

Adam, hang in there. The surgery is not bad, but coughing and sneezing will be very difficult for a few weeks. Grab a pillow, press it up against the surgical wound and apply pressure when coughing or sneezing. It helps. Hang in there buddy. And remember your scar will not be appropriate for sermon illustrations.

Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Adam - I hope and pray you're surgery goes well...Ron