Monday, January 21, 2008

The Timeless Prophetic Brilliance of MLK

I'm shuffling things around a bit this week. As today is Martin Luther King Jr. day, I wanted to post something in honor of him. (I'll do a family post tomorrow and Theology on Thursday. I suppose this is technically a "Quoting Theology" post.) Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. possessed a theological depth and brilliance that is frequently overlooked. This is certainly to our shame. With the help of Youtube, I am posting two of his "speeches". May they feed and challenge your soul as they have mine.

First, I wanted to share MLK's lesser known sermon on the Vietnam War:



Next I can't help but post his Historic "I Have A Dream Speech". Don't let familiarity rob you of seeing its theological depth and prophetic call that still has power today:



AE

No comments: